Butternut Squash Soup
This healthy, nutritious plant-based soup is perfect is packed full of flavour, nutrients & protein! I love the versatility in creating this soup with butternut squash chunks or puree style. It's a great meal on it's own or a great starter.
- 500 ml Water
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled & chopped
- 250 ml Yellow Lentils, washed & soaked (preferably at least 4 hours)
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 medium Carrots, chopped
- 15 ml Francesca's Spice
- S&P to taste
- 30 ml Coconut Oil
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- Parsley or other garnishes (optional)
- In a pot on medium heat, warm the Francesca Spice in coconut oil to realease the flavours. Add the onion and lightly sautee. Add the pre-soaked (up to 24 hours), rinsed & strained yellow lentils (split yellow peas), S&P. Stir quickly. Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat for 30-40 min. Depending on how long you soaked the lentils it could take up to 1 hour to cook them.
- Once the lentils are almost cooked add the carrots and butternut squash. Continue to cook for about another 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the can of coconut milk. Purée with a hand mixer or blender. be extra mindful if doing this while the mixture is super hot. I use a hand blender to make this easier and safer! Super easy and soooo delicious!
Customer ideas: add maple syrup or apple! Both great as I've done that before too!!!
Leave a comment