This colourful, nourishing & refreshing salad is perfect with a piece of fresh baked bread. I have modified my Dad's traditional recipe, because I love adding my own flair & creations. Plus, no one can ever quite make this as amazing as him, so the slight edits guarantee my success!
- 75ml toasted pine nuts/sliced almonds
- 500ml baby arugula
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into odd shaped chunks
- 60ml parmesan cheese, shaved preferably
75ml thinly sliced onion
- 75ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 50ml lemon juice
- 4 lemon slices
- 5ml Francesca's Herbs
- 20ml honey
- 5ml salt
- First, toast the pine nuts/almonds: In a small skillet over medium heat, warm the nuts/almonds until they are fragrant and starting to turn golden on the edges, stirring frequently (careful, they’ll burn!), about 5 minutes. Transfer them to a bowl to cool.
- In a large serving bowl, mix the arugla, oranges, toasted pinenuts/almonds, cheese & onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, herbs, honey & salt. Whisk together until blended. Taste, and add a little more honey if it’s unpleasantly tart.
- Once you’re ready to serve, drizzle the dressing lightly over the salad, toss, & serve immediately.