This delicious potato salad is an old family recipe using ingredients we can all easily find at home. It is excellent served warm or cold & even keeps well in the fridge for a week. As an affordable, simple and versatile salad it is certainly a regular in our home. If you want to make it a complete meal, add some chickpeas and more veggies such as cucumber, celery & red peppers. Using different types of potatoes, onions and vinegars will also add variety to the flavours.
- 500 ml Water
- 4 large potoatoes, peeled or unpeeled
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- small bunch of dill, snipped with scissors
- 15 ml Francesca's Herbs
- S&P to taste
- 60 ml Olive Oil
- 120 ml Vinegar of Choice
- Fennel, 1 bulb sliced or other garnishes (optional)
- In a pot on high, boil the washed and chopped potatoes until they are easily pierced with a fork. Drain the extra water. Put back in the pot to add the rest of the ingredients.
- Add onion, dill, Francesca's Herbs, S&P, Olive Oil, Vinegar and sliced fennel if available.
- Serve warm or cold.
If you want to make it a complete plant based meal, add 1 can of chickpeas, drained. Chop 2 mini cucumbers, 2 stalks of celery & 1 red pepper.